Action Alerts and Grass Roots Efforts
- April 22, 2015: Florida Pool Safety Action Alerts.
New Laws Enacted
- July 27, 2016: What You Need To Know About Pennsylvania's New Car Seat Law
- July 5, 2016: Advocacy Call to Action on Water Safety: How to Make Policy Makers Safety Lifeguards
- June 30, 2016: Bipartisan, Fast-Paced Legislation Protects Kids in Car Seats
- June 30, 2016: This Fourth of July, Let's Leave the Fireworks to the Professionals
Kid's Safety Caucus
- July 18, 2013: Dear Colleague to Join the Bipartisan Congressional Kids' Safety Caucus
Position Statements and Letters
- June 15, 2016: Safe Kids California and state coalitions express support for SB1223 which would increase new driver experience for people 18 years and older.
- June 15, 2016: Safe Kids California and coalitions express support for AB470 which would increase state law for home swimming pools and spas to prevent drowning.
- June 13, 2016: Safe Kids Connecticut asks Governor Dannel Malloy to sign bill making driving while intoxicated with a child a form of child endangerment.
- May 31, 2016: Joint letter of Advocates for Highway & Auto Safety, #SaveKidsLives and Safe Kids Worldwide in Favor of Bill to Require Kids to be Rear-Facing Up to Age 2
- May 5, 2016: Letter in Support of Michigan CPS Bill HB5559
- April 4, 2016: Letter Urging Colorado Governor Hickenlooper to Veto H1231 Banning Red Light Safety Cameras
- March 23, 2016: Letter of Support for H.R. 4460, the Youth Sports Concussion Act
- March 23, 2016: Letter of Support for S. 2508, the Youth Sports Concussion Act
- March 21, 2016: Letter in Support of Funding for the National Concussion Surveillance System under the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- March 8, 2016: Letter to Governor Pence Urging Him to Sign Youth Sports Safety Bill, SB234
- March 7, 2016: Letter of Support on Wisconsin CPS Bills SB332 and A400
- December 22, 2015: Letter to Governor Cuomo urging him to sign Tamper-Free 10 Year Smoke Alarm Bill AB3057‐A
- November 25, 2015: Our future is our kids: Questions for the candidates by Safe Kids CEO Kate Carr, NSC CEO Deborah Hersman and MADD President Colleen Sheehey-Church
- November 20, 2015: Letter Supporting Occupant Protection High Visibility Enforcement Campaigns to Include Child Passenger Safety
- September 17, 2015: Safe Kids Letter of Support on Massachusetts Fire Safety Bill SB1249/HB2110
- July 10, 2015: Letter to Governor Cuomo urging him to sign Fire Safety Bill A3057A.
- July 8, 2015: Letter of Support for HR 2062 on Return to Play and Return to Learn.
- June 29, 2015: Letter Urging Illinois Governor to Sign SB 7 on Youth Concussions. (SUCCESSFUL)
- June 30, 2015: Letter Supporting Senator Durbin's Amendment on Youth Concussions, based on the Protecting Student Athletes from Concussions Act.
- May 29, 2015: Letter of Support for S. 1250, The Nicholas and Zachary Burt Memorial Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Prevention Act of 2015.
- May 26, 2015: Safe Kids Letter to Oklahoma Governor Mary Fallin in Support of Child Passenger Safety Bill HB 1847. (SUCCESSFUL)
- May 21, 2015: Letter to Florida Governor Rick Scott on Pool Safety.
- May 18, 2015: Letter of Support for Illinois SB7, the Youth Sports Concussion Act.
- May 12, 2015: Letter of Support on South Carolina CPS law SB 464.
- May 12, 2015: Letter urging CO Governor Hickenlooper to veto bills banning red light safety cameras.
- May 11, 2015: Safe Kids Letter on Priorities for THUD Appropriations Mark-Up in the House of Representatives.
- May 11, 2015: Letter of support for New York Assembly Fire Safety Bill 3057-A. (SUCCESSFUL)
- May 5, 2015: Safe Kids Wish List for Federal Highway Law Reauthorization, "MAP-21 The Sequel."
- May 5, 2015: Support for Illinois Sports Safety Legislation. (SUCCESSFUL)
- April 21, 2015: Letter of support for New York Senate Fire Safety Bill 2696 (SUCCESSFUL)
- April 20, 2015: Letter of support on California State Assembly Bill 235.
- February 23, 2015: Letter in opposition to Colorado HB15-1098, the ban of the use of red light cameras by local governments.
- August 5, 2014: Letter to Senators Brown and Ayotte in support of Senate Bill 2764, the Sudden Unexpected Death Data Enhancement and Awareness Act.
- June 23, 2014: Press Release in favor of Ohio Teen Drivers' Bill, HB 204.
- June 9, 2014: Letter in Support of the Use of Highway LED signs to Issue Heatstroke Warnings in California.
- May 29, 2014: Letter in Opposition of the Repeal of the Bike Helmet Law for Dallas, Texas.
- May 22, 2014: Speech by Anthony Green at Tarrant County Health Department, Texas on Heat Stroke.
- May 2, 2014. Statement in Support of DoT Transportation Legislation.
- April 30, 2014. Letter of Support for HB 204, an Ohio Teen Driving Bill.
- April 30, 2014. Letter of Support to Gov. Scott to Sign Florida Booster Seat Legislation.
- April 2, 2014. Letter of Safe Kids Transportation Priorities for Surface Transportation Bill Reauthorization.
- March 31, 2014. Letter Template to Encourage State Highway Offices to use LED Signs to Remind Parents to "Never Leave a Child Behind."
- March 25, 2014. Letter of Support MD SB87, a bill requiring repeat offenders of alcohol and/or drug related driving provisions to submit to a suspension of their driver's license or complete participation in the Ignition Interlock System Program.
- March 6, 2014. Letter of Support for S. 3343, The Nicholas and Zachary Burt Memorial Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Prevention Act, signed by hurricane state coalitions.
- March 6, 2014. Letter of Support for S. 3343, The Nicholas and Zachary Burt Memorial Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Prevention Act, signed by cold weather state coalitions.
- March 4, 2014. Letter of Support for S. 1014, The Youth Sports Concussion Act.
- February 10, 2014. Letter of Support for H.1152, a Bill to Require Window Guards in Massachusetts Public Housing.
- January 2014. Letters of Support for Florida House Bill 225, An Act to Expand the Child Passenger Safety Law in Florida.
- November 13, 2013. Letter of Support for S. 3343, The Nicholas and Zachary Burt Memorial Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Prevention Act.
- October 21, 2013. Letter in Opposition to H.3065 and H.3095, Bills to Repeal MA Universal Helmet Law.
- December 2, 2013. Position Statement on a School Building Carbon Monoxide Law in Georgia
- July 31, 2013. Letter of Support for Child Safety Related Senate Labor-HHS Appropriation Funding Levels
- May 15, 2012. Letter of Support for the Moving Ahead for Progress in the 21st Century Act (MAP-21)
- April 20, 2012. Letter of Support for H.B. 2156, an Act about Child Restraint Height Requirements in Arizona
- April 16, 2013. Letter of Support for Assembly Bill 56, an Act Requiring Carbon Monoxide Detectors in California Schools
- December 18, 2012. Letter of Support for President's FY2014 Budget Priorities
June 1, 2015 - House Transportation Appropriations on Heat Stroke
- Public Comment for Rulemaking on DoT Highway Performance Measures, August 18, 2016
- September 30, 2015. Safe Kids Worldwide Comment to the FDA on E-Cigarettes and Liquid Nicotine
- April 1, 2015. Comment for Rulemaking to Eliminate Accessible Cords on Window Covering Products
- March 13, 2013. Safe Kids Public Comment on Proposed Rulemaking for Sound Requirements for Hybrid and Electric Vehicles
- July 3, 2013. Safe Kids Public Comment on NHTSA New Car Assessment Program
- November 19. 2012. Letter of Support for Proposed Rulemaking on Safety Standard for Magnet Sets
- July 19, 2012. Joint Statement on Crib Bumpers
- July 13, 2015. Safe Kids Testimony before the Massachusetts Senate on Child Passenger Safety bill SB 1848
- June 12, 2015. Safe Kids Worldwide Testimony for the Senate Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation hearing on the Consumer Product Safety Commission
- May 19, 2015. Safe Kids Worldwide Testimony for the House Energy and Commerce Committee Hearing on the Consumer Product Safety Commission
- April 30, 2014. Testimony of Anthony Green at the Hearing of the Transportation, Public Safety, and Homeland Security Committee
- March 18, 2015. Testimony in Support of North Dakota House Bills 1186/1265 on E-Cigarette Nicotine Packaging
- February 24, 2014: Statement of Anthony Green Public Policy Director of Safe Kids Worldwide National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Public Listening Session NHTSA 2014-2018 Strategic Plan.
- January 28, 2014. President and CEO of Safe Kids Worldwide Before the House Subcommittee on Highways and Transit House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee, Improving the Effectiveness of the Federal Surface Transportation Safety Grant Programs.
- October 22, 2013. Testimony of Anthony Green, Committee on Education, DC School Safety.
- August 27, 2013: Speech by Anthony Green on Sports Safety at Safe Kids Eastside Sports Safety Clinic.
- June 20, 2012. Testimony of Kate Carr, Consumer Product Safety Commission, Agenda and Priorities FY2014
Public Policy Reports
- March 2014. Policy Alert on Research on Booster Seats Saving Lives
- September 2013. Joining the Congressional Kids' Safety Caucus Advocacy Guide
- December 2012. TThe Math of Sequestration. Kids Safety on the Cliff
- July 2012. Kids Friendly Transportation Bill Prop 21
- April 2012.Coaching our Kids to Fewer Injuries: Advocacy Guide
- January 30, 2012. Letter of Support for H.B. 2, a Bill to Require CO Alarms in Public Schools in Maryland
- July 29, 2013. Letters of Support for H.R. 669, the Sudden Unexpected Death Data Enhancement and Awareness Act
- July 19, 2013. Letter of Support for the Traumatic Brain Injury Reauthorization Act of 2013.
- May 15, 2013. Letter of Opposition for H.B. 109, a Repeal of North Carolina's Universal Helmet Law
- February 11, 2013. Letter of Support to Preserve Blood Alcohol Content Threshold in Michigan
- June 23, 2012. Letter of Support to Reverse Motion to Instruct Conferees on Distracted Driving
- January 13, 2012. Letter of Support for S.1816, The Stillbirth and SUID Prevention, Education, and Awareness Act of 2011
- January 13, 2012. Letter of Support for H.R.3418, The Stillbirth and SUID Prevention, Education, and Awareness Act of 2011
Tools for Public Officials
Citizen Engagement Tools
- A Note about "Fiscal Notes"
- Advokit on Tax Free Car Seats
- Advokit on Child Passenger Safety Technicians Immunity
- AdvoAlert: Illinois Passes Law on Sports Safety, Concussions
- AdvoAlert to Help pass Safe Sleep Bill
- Advokit - Making "Return to Learn" the New "Return to Play"
- Interactive Chart: Saving Lives + Public Policy (Power Point Version)
- Interactive Chart: Saving Lives + Public Policy (PDF)
- National CPS Week Special Edition Advokit (PDF)
- Kids Safety Legislation Honor Roll 2014
Public Policy Blogging
- "Gold Medal Progress on Protecting Kids on the Move," by Arman Appleby (intern), August 12, 2016
- "Concussions Hit Female Athletes, Too" by Molly Sprick (intern), August 12, 2016
- "Swimming Pool Safety: Do Fence It In" by Anthony Green, July 28, 2016
- "Kudos, California: Smart Awareness on Hot Car Risks," by Steve O'Toole, July 28, 2016
- "Advocacy Call to Action on Water Safety: How to Make Policy Makers Safety Lifeguards," by Anthony Green, July 5, 2016
- "Bipartisan, Fast-Paced Legislation Protects Kids in Car Seats," by Anthony Green, June 30, 2016
- "This Fourth of July, Let's Leave Fireworks to the Professionals," by Molly Sprick (intern), June 30, 2016
- "The Risky Road When an Injured Young Athlete Takes a Painkiller," by Anthony Green, May 10, 2016