Safe Kids Worldwide is a charity partner in the 2015 Marine Corps Marathon. We have reserved 50 marathon and 25 10K spots for runners who will join Team Safe Kids and help raise funds to support our cause. Our team goal is to raise $100,000.
Date: Sunday, October 25, 2015
Location: Washington, D.C.
Course: The race starts and ends in Arlington, Va. The highlights of the course include the National Mall and the monuments, and it is lined with servicemen and women, music, performers and inspiring spectators.
How it Works
Safe Kids will register the runners and provide necessary information needed to pick up the race bib at the Expo the weekend of the race. In addition, Safe Kids will provide runners with:
- A complimentary registration for the race (a $125 value)
- An online fundraising tool with e-mail and letter templates
- An official Team Safe Kids running shirt
- An invitation to our runners’ kick-off part in Washington, D.C.
- An invitation to our pre-race pasta dinner in Washington, D.C.
Responsibilities of Each Runner
Each marathon runner commits to running 26.2 miles and raising a minimum of $1,200 to support the mission and programs of Safe Kids Worldwide. The 10K runners are asked to raise $300.
For more information, e-mail Dan Orzechowski or call 202-662-0607.