You are here
As new parents, there are so many fun ways to interact with your baby. Toys, stuffed animals and games are great for babies and make wonderful gifts. But before your babies play with any toy, help keep them safe with the following tips.
Top Safety Tips
- Consider your baby’s age when purchasing a toy or game. It’s worth a second to read the instructions and warning labels to make sure it’s just right for your child. Identify any small parts or other potential hazards.
- Before you’ve settled on the perfect toy, check to make sure there aren’t any small parts or other potential choking hazards.
- Keep a special eye on small game pieces that may be a choking hazard for young children. While these kinds of games are great for older kids, they can pose a potential danger for younger, curious siblings.
- After play time is over, use a bin or container to store toys for next time. Make sure there are no holes or hinges that could catch little fingers.
- Safe Kids compiles product recalls specific to children and sends twice-monthly e-mail alerts for recent recalls. Sign up for the latest recall information.
- Go to www.recalls.gov for additional information about product recalls related to kids.