You are here
Toy Safety Tips
Find the Perfect Toy for the Right Age
- Consider your child’s age when purchasing a toy or game. It’s worth a second to read the instructions and warning labels to make sure it’s just right for your child.
- Before you’ve settled on the perfect toy, check to make sure there aren’t any small parts or other potential choking hazards.
Don’t Forget a Helmet for Riding Toys
- If your children have their hearts set on a new bike, skateboard, scooter or other riding equipment, be sure to include a helmet to keep them safe while they’re having fun.
- Learn more bike safety tips and watch our helmet safety video.
Store Toys After Play
- After play time is over, use a bin or container to store toys for next time. Make sure there are no holes or hinges that could catch little fingers.
Sign Up to Receive Product Recalls
- Safe Kids compiles product recalls specific to children and sends twice-monthly e-mail alerts for recent recalls. Sign-up for the latest recall information.
- Go to www.recalls.gov for additional information about product recalls related to kids.
You can download these tips here.